This study was written for a bible class that I was asked to do recently. Reproduced here for the benefit of anyone interested.
Thought the words of Psalm 104, we see the bringing up of the ark back to Israel with jubilant song and dance. We see the setting up of the priestly order. And we see the unbounded wisdom of the almighty, as he shapes and guides world events bringing about his spiritual creation–the heavens and Earth of the future age. We will try and go through chapter this verse by verse and allow spirit word to guide our study.
The psalms seem to be divided into thematic sections by headings. In which case Psalm 104 is part of a series of psalms starting with psalm 103 and ending with psalm 107. The title to this section heads up psalm 103, “To David”, in the AV. However in the Hebrew the phrase can be equally translated, “of David”. So the subject of the Psalm IS David, “the beloved”, the greater David which is Christ.
Unfortunately we will not finish the whole Chapter tonight there is just too much to cover. I hope that I encourage you all to follow up the study yourselves.
- Verse 1 addresses the saint body, showing the wonders of their blessing.
- Verse 2 shows the expanding of the kingdom of Yahweh till it fills the whole earth
- Verses 3-4 introduce the Cheruvim, the guardians to the tree of the Lives
- Verses 5-9 the anti-typical Noahic flood which is turned back by the rainbowed angel
- Verses 10-18 shows the blessings of the kingdom
- Verses 19-30 shows the current order of things through nature
- Verses 31-35 praises the wisdom of the Father